HOLDING A CONFERENCE?
Let me host the conference schedule, I’ve done this for many top companies. I follow a brief very well, and bring my unique humour to the conference, with warmth and understanding of corporate protocol and I make sure everything runs on time.
WHO IS DAVE LEVINSOHN?
Dave Levinsohn’s comedy style has been described as ‘off the wall’ and off the cuff. Having started as the host at the Coffee Lounge Comedy club in 1997, he has become one of South Africa’s most bankable comedy acts. The ex-Art Director made a wise move, graphic design’s loss is comedy’s gain. He has performed at the Vodacom International Comedy Festival, the Cape Town International and the Smirnoff Comedy Festival. He was one of the first SA stand up acts to be invited to The Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2012 with Loyiso Gola.
He has graced the small screen in many commercials, some of which have won awards and have had viral success. He was a writer and performer on the Award Wining Tonight with Trevor Noah. He co-presented the first series of SABC 3’s ‘Going Nowhere Slowly’. On the comedy stage, his material darts into more lateral territory, with his ‘slightly-weird-guy-next-door’ approach to every subject under the sun. He’s odd, without being offensive. his anarchic re-examination of everyday topics has won him fans at every appearance, as does his ability to improvise when interacting with the crowd.
His on-the-spot skills often make it look as if he’s making it up as he goes… that’s because he is! He is a regular host at Parker’s comedy club At Montecasino. He has known his true vocation since his schooldays in Springs, where he spent ten years as class clown. This versatile comic offers off-beat fun for anyone in the mood for a left-field comedy experience.
“As an MC at an event he strikes the perfect balance in a corporate environment. You will most certainly want to see Dave again and again, mostly to explain some of his jokes or to return some of the stuff he’s stolen.” - Shirli Talbot, Conference Excellence
WHAT THEY SAID ABOUT DAVE.
• Dave was exactly what we needed for the day - He understood the type of guest we were having and adapted accordingly. His humble approach to the tasks, being fully involved and always thinking about the lighter side of things made him indispensible. Nissan Management got on famously with him - his “theatrical” element added the perfect pitch to the day. Thanks very much. - Addictive events
• “Off the wall and off the cuff… an improv genius.” – Media 24
• “You did a great job as Master of Ceremonies… most appreciative of the way you handled proceedings. – Jonathan Ackerman - Pick n Pay
• “Thanks for a great show the audience loved you.” – Syner G Marketing & Events
• “We did not understand a word… but you look funny” – German audience member.
• “He is never allowed to set foot in Worcester again! Please” - Engineering Company with zero sense of humour.
More happy clients here…
READ THIS… IF YOU NEED AN INTRO
Coming from Springs may have had some influence on his sense of humour. His first taste of comedy came from running an open mic venue called The Coffee Lounge in 1997. In 1998 He joined some Cape Town comics at a new venue The Independant Armchair Theatre. The gig ran for 4 years and unearthed a pool of talent including Riaad Moosa, Conrad Coch, Cokey Falkow and Kurt Schoonraad to name a few. It was at the ‘Armchair’ that Dave was spotted doing an improvised act called Agony barman Dave. He was cast for an advertising campaign, and the ads went on to win 2 Loerie Awards and a Pendoring. Since then he has performed at comedy engagements including The Cape Town International Comedy Festival and Hosted the Vodacom Funny Festival. He’s currently working on saving the planet with Bono.
DAVE LEVINSOHN. BORN: 1969/12/26
• Comedy Shop Live: Platypus Productions ‘96.
• The Smirnoff Comedy Festival (1997-98).
• Tuesday nights at The Coffee Lounge: Host (1997-98).
• Cape Comedy Collective (1998-99).
• Agony Barman Dave (Armchair Theatre).
• Comedy Showcase SABC 3.
• M Web commercials. (18 ads)
• Walls Sausages ad (UK)
• Fosters ad (US)
• Heineken ad (Italy)
• German Post Bank
• Mercedes Benz (Germany)
• Humour column for CAPE REVIEW magazine
• Pendoring award: Best actor (Mweb)
• Gold and Silver Loerie Award for Mweb ads.
• Garden Route comedy tour Play energy Drink.
• Joe Parkers’ Comedy express headliner.
• Comedy Host: Up the Creek Music Festival
• The Ha Ha Festival East Coast Radio, KZN Natal.
• Resident host at the Comedy Warehouse 2 years.
• ‘Four slackers’ improvised comedy.
• Hosting functions, launches & corporate events.
• Presenter: ‘Going Nowhere Slowly’first season.
• Red Bull competition pro section winner, 2004.
• Vodacom International Comedy festival, 2005/6
• New Balance 100th year Gala dinner.
• Pick ‘n Pay Golden Ray Awards.
• Golf digest Subscribers Challenge MC 2005-12.
• Writer TONIGHT WITH TREVOR NOAH
• Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2012
Lafarge Cement, Robertsons Spices, Unilever, KPMG, Nashua, Coca Cola Corporate Soccer league, Audi Quatro Cup Amateur golf Tounament, Shoprite Checkers, Nedcor, Investec, Pam Golding National Roadshow, People’s Bank, Discovery Health, Foshini Group/DUE SOUTH, New Balance, Fancourt Captan’s Dinner. Momentum, Standard Bank, Touchline media, Men’s Health Best man Awards, Golf Digest Subscribers’ Challenge. Thank you letters from some of the happy ones.